Project management is a set of activities that ensure the execution of the company's projects exactly in time with constantly high standards and quality of work.
Project management services constitute the process of applying specific methods, tools and knowledge to achieve the goals set before the project, meeting the expectations of all project participants.
Proconsult provides project management services of any complexity: preparation, planning, design and approval by local authorities, real estate and / or land plot search, construction / reconstruction monitoring, legal support, recruitment of personnel, decisions implementation, consulting, management. We have 18 years of experience in project management.
Our services are aimed at providing advisory assistance for the quality preparation and implementation of projects within a clearly defined time. We focus on client’s requirements and individual approach in expert support of projects.
The project management process involves planning, organizing, monitoring of all components of the project, as well as the correspondence of its cost to its quality of implementation.
Project management goals
Key project management goals can be grouped as follows:
- Cost. The total cost of the planned project is initially set and the management's task is to manage resources as efficiently as possible so that the actual costs do not exceed the projected costs;
- Time. The timing of the project implementation is also initially planned, but in the process of its implementation some processes are optimized due to which the execution time is shortened;
- Quality. Each stage of the project is carried out in full accordance with the plan, which allows keeping track of time frames and quickly responding to unforeseen obstacles in the implementation process.
The project management process aims to achieve the following main goals:
- effective management of financial, human, material resources within a clearly defined time frame and budget;
- optimization of project implementation costs through the involvement of professional experts and reliable responsible contractors;
- optimal concentration of resources and quality organization of project implementation;
- use of modern management techniques to improve production and economic activity;
- creation of new products, introduction of new technologies and developments to increase the company's competitiveness.
Principles of project management
An effective project management process is based on the following important principles:
- Differentiation. Each type of project is implemented on the basis of the relevant standard rules, taking into account its specifics and features;
- Flexibility. The effective project management process combines the precision of each type of work and the flexibility of reactions to any unforeseen changes and difficulties;
- Expediency. The planning and implementation of any project has the ultimate purpose of improving the overall performance of the company and increasing its profitability;
- Separation of powers. Process management is the key to successful implementation of the project, which involves establishing a responsible person for each individual process. The following scheme is used: one process - one executor;
- Openness. The implemented project is open for further development, making suggestions and wishes for its improvement and optimization. All actions and stages of project implementation are discussed and agreed with the customer;
- Applying a better experience. The selection and application of best practices and managerial experience enable a company to successfully implement a planned project;
- Responsibility. Each employee involved in the project implementation process is competent in his/her field of activity and possesses the necessary knowledge in regulatory documents and standards.
Stages of project management
The effective project management process used by modern companies consists of the following main stages:
- Initialization. Formation of the basic project idea, its goals, necessary results, criteria of success determination;
- Planning. Formation of project implementation stages is carried out, determination of the required results for each stage and its duration, a list of required works and their sequence is drawn up, the budget is developed and the necessary resources are defined, the relationship between different structural units is determined, and the basic plan is prepared;
- Implementation. The fulfillment of all defined tasks is carried out, constant comparison of actual data and the plan is carried out;
- Analysis and control. The necessary adjustments are made during the project implementation, as well as verification and control of the obtained results;
- Completion. Reporting documents, archives, templates, schedules and other documents informing about the completion of the project and intended for interested persons are formed.